Let’s talk makeup, shall we!? I’m a kinda girl who doesn’t wear full face of makeup everyday. I tend to run late to everything, so less product is more to me. I usually just wear some sunscreen or BBcream on top of my morning moisturizer, fill in my brows, some eyeliner and mascara, and that’s it. However, on Sundays or days that I go out, I would love having makeup on. I love the transformation of what just some powders and creams can really enhance or change up the look.
1. Moisturizer (not makeup item, but plays an important role in the makeup routine): the one I’m featuring below is my night cream that I trust! Korres is a Greek skincare brand that I’ve discovered on Sephora website, from just browsing the site and one day decided to purchase a pot. I’ve tried Wild Rose + Vitamin C and Black Pine before, and they did wonders to my skin. This time, I gave this Quercetin and Oak a try, not loving the scent at first, but loving how moisturizing and how it leaves my skin so soft every time. Amazing!!! I cannot find the link to this item anywhere, neither the Sephora nor the Korres site themselves, so I think this product might be discontinued. 🙁
2. Primer (face & eyes): No doubt I’d totally recommend this Smashbox Foundation Primer. Give it a try underneath all of the makeup products, and you’ll know what I mean by how much a primer can do in terms of your makeup longevity. Eyeshadow primer potion from Urban Decay (not pictured) is my trusty primer I’ve used for years, so do trust me on that!
3. Foundation, Powder, & Concealer: When it comes to good makeup, good skin is key. I trust Chamel makeup 200% as I truly believe foundation is just as important as skincare products. This Chanel Vitalumiere foundation is my second bottle, so you know how much I adore. The Les Beiges is my go-to powder after foundation. Although it’s a little dark (shade 40) when I use it all over my face due to the lighter under-eye concealer, I’ve found that applying it around the rim of my face, not directly on my T-zone, give it a perfect combo when used together with the Vitalumiere. Not pictured here is the ultimate under-eye and spot concealer. I’ve got you covered with both drug-store product: MAYBELLINE instant age rewind eraser and higher end product: NARS radiant creamy concealer.
4. Eyes and lips: This Kat Von D Eyeshadow palette is my definition of matt-perfection. I bought it for my aunt as a Christmas present, but she gave it back to me saying that she didn’t find a good use of it. Hah!!! I honestly want to bow down to whoever invented liquid matt lipsticks because they have changed my life as they stay on forever, literally. I love them so so much! Lolita (chestnut rose) and Double Dare (cocoa blush) are the only 2 shades I own, but the collection shall grow! Agh, and don’t forget those cat eye liners, the one and only Tattoo Liner Trooper in both felt and brush tips!
5. Highlighter, bronzer, and finishing spray: These 3 items are MAC-cult-beauty-all-time favorites to beauty lovers all over the world. Soft and Gentle highlighter. Give Me Sun bronzer. Prep + Prime Fix+ used before and after applying makeup, I’d prefer using it after to set my makeup. It seamlessly makes all the powders and creams melt together.
6. Blush, mascara and brows: I’m currently using this Lights, Camera, Flashes mascara from Tarte and have found it’s ok for my droopy Asian lashes that don’t stay curled no matter what. I’ve tried enough drugstores to high-end MASCARAs and still am in the search for THE ONE. Let me know what’s your suggestion?
I’ve been eyeing the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes for so long but can never settle for one since a blush shade is almost $30. For some odd reasons, I CANNOT seem to make a purchase of a blush that expensive, but I will eventually. Instead, I got myself a cream blush version, the NARS Multiple Stick, on sale at the Sephora inside JCPenny for a really good price and great quality. Along came my trusty DIPBROW pomade from Anastasia Beverly Hills, the queen of all brows.
7. Smile, because you’re beautiful!
“Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world.”
― Marilyn Monroe
I hope this helps, please comment below what are your favorite makeup products or let me know what I should try. For sure this post doesn’t cover everything on my face but just a few favorite makeup bits of mine. Thanks for reading,