How was your September? Are you or am I glad that September is finally over. As much as I loved August’s festivities, September was in the opposite scale. September was an over-emotional month for me, from beginning to an end. They say you’ve gotta go through bad days to appreciate good days. Yes, I know! But it’s yucky all over, from my personal life struggling to find inspirations and thinking of what’s the next big steps, relationships, to work and things of that nature! To be honest, if I could move out of MN and start my life fresh where else, I would immediately. I probably need a vacation asap!!! Let’s look forward to the colorful October ahead of us, shall we?! Anyways, I’ve managed to save a few things I’ve been loving throughout the month of September, so let’s roll:
- This month, on Style and Senses Facebook page, I’ve finally launch my styling services for those who live in the Twin Cities area (for now!). I love helping people, especially making girls feel that they’re beautiful and worth it. And fashion is my gateway to get there. I’ve had this idea (eventually turning it to a business) for a long time and been hesitated to post something up to the world. September was the month when I had decided to do it. So this first favorite of September belongs to my own styling service campaign (haha, not!). I know it’s gonna be super difficult at first to get people’s interests, especially those who decide to actually reach out and get help. As a fashion enthusiast with years of experience in working at my family tailoring shops in the cities and who loves shopping and styling with a passion, I’ve encountered so many occasions when people really need a voice or an opinion, a company to go shopping with, and more advanced level like help them get their clothes fitted, etc. Contact me if you want to “dress up confidently and dress down but comfortably.”
2. I’ve finally found my signature scent! It’s the YSL’s Black Opium. It is described as, a “fascinating and seductively intoxicating, the opening notes of adrenaline-rich coffee and the sweet sensuality of vanilla recline into the softness of white flowers for a modern, young, and vibrant interpretation of addiction. Notes: Coffee Accord, Orange Blossom, Cedarwood Essence, Patchouli Essense. Style: Addictive. Floral. Energetic.” Thanks to Sephora 100-point reward thing when you basically get to pick out makeup-beauty samples to try out using the point reward. I’m not sure how I got myself to Sephera Rouge status, but I did. So I got a tiny bottle of this fragrance to try out and had it in my purse. I found myself keep reaching for it when I’m out and about. I’ve gotten so many compliments on the scent as well. I finally saved up and bought myself a huge 3 oz. bottle (picture below) along with a smaller 1 oz. bottle as a part of the deal at Macy’s. It’s much cheaper there compared to Sephora or Nordstrom!
3. The Heart podcast: I’m sure I cannot use appropriate words to describe what this podcast channel is about, but let me just borrow Internet words to give you a better grasp of what it is. “The things you feel, but you don’t know how to name. A radio show about the triumphs and the terrors of intimacy, the bliss and banality of being in love, and the wild diversity of the human heart.” It’s categorized under “sexuality,” so do expect lots of sexuality-related whispering and sensitive episodes. So if you’re under 18, be aware, over 18, it’s NSFW (not safe for work)!
4. Internet humans: Sonya Esman‘s tumblr and Youtube channel & Sunbeamsjess‘s travel and uni-vlogs. I’ve been watching/following these girls for a long time whenever I don’t even remember. I love Sonya’s free spirit, her Instagram and her Tumblr are moody and though-provoking. She’s a Russian/Canadian/LA, summer-all-around kind of human. Jesse travels so much, like if there’d be a human’s life I wanna live, it would be hers. Her fashion styling lookbooks are always to-look-up to. And I love her videos much more in the fall/winter season. Two humans, one for hot and one for cold weather season, weird, I know!
5. My favorite outfit of the month is of course including this cute little animal number. I have a blog post, here!
Thanks for reading, as always! Fall is fast approaching, stay tuned for exciting fall styling episodes here on the blog! Have a great weekend, everyone!